Here are the six everyday things you should be doing to take care of your teeth, at a minimum:
1) Brush your teeth twice a day. Your dentist College Station TX will tell you to include the gumline in your strokes, and brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth to prevent bad breath and plaque buildup. Rinse your toothbrush in hot water after use. The bristles are a breeding ground for bacteria. Toss the toothbrush every three months or after you’ve been sick.
2) Floss every day. Your dentist college station TX will tell you how you’re doing.
3) See your dentist College Station TX regularly, at least twice a year. Those trips are always a good time to have your teeth cleaned. In 2010, 60 percent of people ages 18 to 64 visited their dentist.
4) Limit sugary foods and drinks. Your dentist College Station TX or dentist bryan TX will warn you about that..
5) Cut out smoking and chewing tobacco: both contribute to gum disease and oral cancer.
6) If you consume alcohol, go easy. It can affect your teeth and gums.
Your teeth are unique in the world. Even twins don’t have the same set of teeth. Your dentist College Station TX can help you take care of your teeth. Perhaps you’d like a better smile or to have your teeth aligned properly. You’d be surprised what a positive change that can make physically and emotionally. A College Station dentist or Bryan TX dentist can work with your orthodontist to give you a great smile or straight teeth. Did you know that more than 100 years ago, orthodontics was dentistry’s first specialty?