What started out as a search for emergency dentists this summer turned into a very good decision to get your wisdom teeth extracted, which eventually eliminated the occasional migraines that you have been experiencing. On the weekend when you were having excruciating tooth pain, you ended up searching for emergency dentists online. The professional you found had a great way of making you feel comfortable and you were able to eventually schedule the wisdom tooth procedure that you had been putting off.
Unfortunately, even though many of us need to make more regular visits to the dentist, the fear of these appointments keeps some from following through on even the most basic cleanings that will keep them looking their best. And while there are many parents who will go to the effort of making sure that their children are getting the preventative care that they need, but then ignore the appointments that could keep their smiles presenting the best image.
Emergency Dentists Help Patients Look and Feel Their Best
Because there is usually only enough room in the mouth for 28 teeth, it is not uncommon for adults to have their wisdom teeth removed. And while having enough room to make sure that your smile is as great as possible is one reason that you might be looking at wisdom teeth removal, there are also others. For instance, there are times when people who suffer from migraines can find relieve when they have their wisdom teeth removed.
Consider many of these reasons why having a GREAT SMILE can help you be your best self:
- General statistics indicate that as many as 15 million people in the U.S. have crown and bridge replacements for missing teeth.
- Research indicates that as many as million people have implants and that number is growing by as much as 500,000 a year.
- Everyone needs to make sure that they follow good daily dental habits, but the fact is that only 22% of people claim to floss on a daily basis.
- Accomplishing correct brushing technique means placing the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle toward your gum line and gently moving the bristles back and forth in short strokes.
- The dental implant and prosthetic market in America is projected to reach $6.4 billion by the year 2018.
- Statistics indicate that at least one in five Americans has one or more untreated cavities.
- More than $800 million could be spent on visits to emergency dentists just because of Halloween, CNBC reports.
- Inspite of all the preventative care that is available, as many as 78% of people have a cavity by age 17.
- Looking great is a priority to many people, but an unfortunate statistic is that the average time people wait for between dental appointment is three years.
- Estimates indicate that 10% of all U.S. dentists place implants.
Whether you are looking for a place to get emergency dental care or you are looking for a routine to help your children start their own healthy dental routines, investing in your dental care can help you get the GREAT SMILE to make the best first impressions at work and with your friends.